Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.

So I have this crazy, extremely ambitious idea.

I want to interview Tom Hanks.

For my mass communications class, I have to write a profile article on a person relevant to Las Positas. How does the Forrest Gump actor fit into that category? In 1974, Mr. Hanks went to Chabot Community College, the sister school to Las Positas.

What was Chabot like in the '70s?
Who did he hang out with?
What kinds of classes did he take?
Was he involved in their theater group?
Did he have a job while attending Chabot?

What was the two-time Academy Award winner like as a college student? Wouldn't you like to know?

Well, I'm on a mission to find out. So far, I've talked to his publicist's assistant, and she is looking to see if he has the availability.


I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Wish me luck!
M.

1 comment: